New 2012 Edition (686 pages + Software)
Our new 2012 edition is the ultimate resource for any professional or consultant who wants to educate and help veterans with the aid and attendance pension benefit. This is a must-have book for anyone working in this area of benefits planning. Software is included for estimating pension amounts and printing reports before and after planning.
For a limited time, the handbook is 20% off the retail price of $275. If you have purchased an earlier edition of the handbook, you may upgrade at a special discount price. Please call us for details @ (800) 989-8137.
The handbook includes the following:
- Includes several chapters of benefits explanations, background information, dozens of benefits examples, qualification based on income, qualification based on assets, qualification based on medical expenses, Medicaid planning strategies, step-by-step instructions for claims, becoming a veteran's benefits consultant, case studies, use of the included estimation software and legal requirements for representing veterans with claims. Book Table of contents (pdf).
- New information on how to deal with denials, disallowed benefits, overpayments, repayment demand letters, EVR's and appeals.
- Instructions for our new claim system -- along with new forms and checklists -- that is currently resulting in approvals of 12 weeks or less
- Includes a valuable chapter on understanding how the pension income dovetails with Medicaid for income qualification, concurrent benefits, the $90 a month limitation and the sequence of application with Medicaid. This chapter discusses a number of Medicaid planning strategies tied to the pension income and offers numerous examples.
- Includes an additional pages of the following valuable lists: VA approved service organizations, state and county veterans service officers and state veterans homes
- Includes copies of the following forms and instructions in the book as well as on CD: claims forms for pension, medical report and expense forms, out-of-pocket certification, power of attorney form, healthcare application, HISA application, instructions for installing and using the software, worksheet and 12 other miscellaneous forms used in the application process.
- Includes a valuable chapter consisting of 112 pages and entitled "Understanding the Claims Process for Pension." This chapter is the most comprehensive step-by-step guide to the claims process available to non-VA professional practitioners. Forty different steps in the claims process are covered in detail. This chapter is intended to be a complete guide to claims and covers any question any practitioner submitting a claim on behalf of a client would ever have regarding the process.
- Includes more sophisticated software for estimating and printing out the pension benefit before and after asset reallocation.
Overall, the previous edition (2010) has been largely replaced with the 2012 edition of 686 pages. We believe this new edition is the ultimate resource for any professional or consultant who wants to educate and help veterans with the aid and attendance pension benefit. This is a must-have book for anyone working in this area of benefits planning.